The Midwest Pain Society Poster Presentation submission window is now CLOSED!
We can't wait to see you all IN-PERSON this year!
Abstracts were due August 28, 2022
Summary: Poster presentations will be divided into 3 categories:
1. Original research
2. Quality improvement
3. Case report
Three non-industry supported posters entered into the competition category will receive awards as part of our 46th annual poster competition.
Purpose: To improve the number and quality of poster submissions, to recognize authors of high-quality work, and to have MPS attendees become more active in reading the research presented during poster sessions.
Poster scoring for competition: Scoring will be done by four raters, each counting for 25% of the final score. Three ratings will be done by a multidisciplinary member of the MPS Scientific Program Committee or Board of Directors none of whom will have made submissions themselves. The MPS attendees will also have an opportunity to rate the posters during the conference, and the average score of these ratings will become the fourth score.
Posters will be scored in the following 3 categories on a 5 point scale (0 = Poor, 4 = Excellent):
- Relevance: Utility (importance of study/project/intervention, impact, applicability to the field of pain). Contribution to the field (novel ideas or methods, unique approach, overall quality of findings).
- Clarity (readability, conciseness, poster gets the main points across clearly without sacrificing vital information).
- (Original Research): soundness of the study; methods, design, and statistics effectively address the question(s) being asked and answered by the study.
- (Quality Improvement): strategy and/or intervention employed, engagement methods, outcome monitoring, sustainability
- (Case Report): literature search strategy and results
Competition Awards: Winning posters (1st - 3rd place) will be announced by the end of Friday’s sessions. All 3 posters will be listed in the MPS Bulletin Newsletter and the winning poster abstract will be published.
Submission instructions for ALL POSTERS:
- Complete the Abstract Submission Form by August 28, 2022.
- You will be notified if your poster has been accepted for presentation at the MPS Annual Scientific Meeting by September 12, 2022.
- Once your poster has been accepted, the presenting author MUST be registered to attend the MPS Scientific Program to be eligible to continue the poster application/contest process.
- For further questions, contact: email@example.com